Monday 13 November 2017

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge - Anything but a Card.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over
at Crafty Cardmakers.

I'm hosting today and our challenge is 'Anything but a Card'.

You can enter anything you fancy but this time no cards please, just make sure it meets the challenge, and doesn't exceed the 15 total challenges entered rule! 

Hope you will join in.
And here is my project for the challenge:

00ooOoo00

I started a Star Book ages ago and it just got left when other things needed to be done so this seemed like a good time to complete it.

This was as far as I got with it then stopped.
Not exactly very exciting!

 
Stopping and trying to start again....not a good idea really as it's always hard to get going!
However making a Star Book is quite a lengthy job and it's too easy to get distracted!
 
 
These are the other bits that I had already worked on.
You need three sets of pages, all slightly smaller.
 
Back pages.
 
 
Middle pages.

 
Inner pages.

 
So I took the inner pages and added more detail in the hope it would get me started again.

 
To these I added some inspirational sentiments.
 
I used some Tim Holtz dies to remove part of the pages so that the middle page would be revealed when completed.
 

Next: The Front Cover.
 
This piece was left over from some of the pages.
 
 
So more inking and stamping.
 

 
Decided to tone this down a bit so knocked it back by using Gesso through a stencil and added a little extra white detail with a pen.


 
Cut this in half ready to cover two pieces of stiff card which will become the front and back covers.
 
 
Here I have stamped and die cut some spare pieces of card to use as additional embellishments.

 
The front and back almost completed.
 
And so to the inner pages.
 
I used these as the back pages and joined these first by attaching the back of each page with the next leaving the first and last page free to be attached to the cover.



 
Then attach the middle pages.

 
And then the front pages and the covers, do remember before adding the front covers to apply the ties which will be held between the cover and the page.
 
When the book is opened it looks like this.


 
A few samples here to show the view through the die cut sections.



 
The front and back cover completed with a few brass embellishments for added bling.
 
 
I have not given you the whole tutorial here as this is a lengthy process and would have require lots more photographs but there are plenty of tutorials relating to this on Pinterest and YouTube.
 
 I hope you will pop over to see what the rest of the DT have been up to and maybe join in the challenge.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with too.
 Happy crafty card making.
Angela x

I would like to enter this Star Book in the following challenges:
A Inky Mess challenge blog - Challenge15 Anything goes
Country view Challenges: November 2017 Stencils
Eclectic Ellapu: Anything Goes for November
NordSalten Hobby Club: 163 Make something For a Man
SanDee and amelie's Steampunk Challenges: Winter Special Challenge
Mini Album makers Challenge: November Challenge

21 comments:

Jackie PN said...

Holy WOW1
That is absolutely GENIUS!!!
Angela! I am wordless right now- and that does not happen often! Out of this world Fabulous ,my friend!
Jackie xo

Dotty Jo said...

What a stunner! jo x

Craftyfield said...

Wow Angela...quite an undertaking! Glad you managed to complete the book, it looks great and the star shape is fab. Love the cut-outs too!

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous, your are just so creative!!
hugs
Glenda

pam said...

What a stunner you have created there Angela! amazing pages you have made for your star shape book. just perfect my friend.
Pam x

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow!! This book is amazing Angela! Such an unusual design and each page is a piece of art all by itself. I love the idea of the die cut pieces so the middle pages peep through. This is absolutely brilliant!! Love it!! hugs x

Cara said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning, so much detail and work has gone into this. A masterpiece (not a masterboard!) x

Shoshi said...

Wow Angela, what a simply stunning project! I love all the pages - even the one you said was boring - adorable little springs and nuts and bolts lol! The whole concept is amazing, and I adore the die-cut pages that you can see through. What a great idea... I really love this.

Shoshi

Anita Lise said...

Nydelig kort til mannen! Takk for at du deltar på utfordringen hos NSHK med dette fine kortet :)
DT Anita Lise

Redanne said...

Wow Angela! I have never made one of these but it looks like a real labour of love. Your inky and stamped pages are beautiful and I love how you can see through the die cutting - very clever and beautiful too! Thanks so much for joining in our November challenge at Mini Album Makers. Anne xx

SewPaperPaint said...

For ten years I have had one of these books that I started bagged up and never completed it. The only one I've ever made had a flaw in the stitching and it didn't work out. I absolutely love your gorgeous inky layers of stamping and die cuts. Thanks for sharing at Mini Album Makers. Big hugs, Autumn

Neet said...

This looks fab Angela. I love the idea of the "peek through" bits. My Christmas star book has apertures in but they don't look as good as this.
Hugs, Neet xx

Kim x said...

WOW Angela, just amazing. I've never quite managed to finish one of these, so well done you. Hugs Kimx xx

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful star book. Love all the details. Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this month. Hope to see you again soon. Judy DT

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a gorgeous book, Angela - just stunning. It's a technique I've been looking at for some time, and I understand how you got sidetracked. I'm glad you got back at it though - awesome results!!

Astrid Maclean said...

Such a stunning book! Wonderful pages and amazing techniques, love every single detail! Thanks for adding this beautiful piece to our challenge at the Minialbum Makers challenge!

Anonymous said...

superbe ce mini présenter en forme d' étoile , merci de jouer pour notre défi Sandee & Amelie's
à bientôt Nate

Chriss America Real said...

Hi, I was over at Crafty Cardmakers and had to come here to get a closer look at your projects! Fantastic! I am a new follower, please follow me back if you like.

Hugs,
Chriss
www.blogspot.com

Gloria Stengel said...

What a fantastic creation. It looks like a lot of work went into this wonderful star book! I am in awe! Thanks for sharing with us at Mini Album Makers Challenge!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - your star book is just amazing, Angela - so many fantastic ideas and techniques here. I love how you added interest to the pages with the Mixed Media die-cuts and the layered images and inky/painty effects are so cool. A knockout! Thanks so much for playing along at Mini Album Makers.
Alison x

Inna Bronnikova said...

Stunning book! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Mini Album Makers Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10