Monday 28 November 2016

Crafty Cardmakers Challenges #178 Anything but a Card.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over
at Crafty Cardmakers.

 Well what do you know! It's my turn to host the challenge for the next two weeks.
Our challenge is Anything But a Card. With Christmas rapidly approaching we feel sure that you will have created something as a decoration or a gift and would love you to share it with us. 
As usual you can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to just be cards, as long as it meets the challenge, and doesn't exceed the 15 total challenges entered rule!

So here is what I came up with:



Using some Left-Over Masterboard, stamped with Paper Artsy JOFY stamp set 06. I started by tearing a piece to fit the brown Craft Bag. A little bit of grunge always works for me Lol!


Next, die cut trees, tags, plants and words ready to start putting the design together.

 
I embossed the tags with a snow drift embossing folder, rubbed over this with Treasure Gold Gilding Wax in silver and edged everything with black distress ink.
 
Once everything was dry I mounted these on the bag.



 
The trees were attached with my hot glue gun to make them stand out and giving dimension to the design.

 
I completed this by adding a metal star, bows, ribbon and a small tag with Christmas tree attached.


I hope you will pop over to see what the rest of the DT have been up to and maybe join in the challenge.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
 Happy crafty card making.
Angela x

I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:

Emerald Creek Dares: "Heartfelt Freedom and Festivities" Pt2 Anything Goes.
Addicted to Stamps: Challenge 136 - Die cuts and /or Punches. (with a stamp)
Allsorts challenge blog: Week 391-Anything Christmas.
4 Crafty Chicks Challenge blog: 4CC# 326 Winter Wonderland.
Simon Says Stamp: Christmas to Die for.
That's Crafty! Challenge Blog: All Grungy Challenge.
Stamps and Stencils: Tags, Bags and Boxes.

18 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

Angela, this is absolutely AMAZING! I would love you to add Stamps and Stencils "Bags, Tags, & Boxes" challenge to the list! What an amazing gift, so beautifully designed. Love it to pieces. Hugs, Autumn

Leanne said...

Nice gift bag, someone will really like recieving it. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leanne DT/4CC

Redanne said...

I LOVE this Angela, the design is wonderful, the colour is beautiful - I would be happy with the bag, never mind the gift! Stunning work my friend! Hugs, Anne xxx

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous gift bag, great choice of colours and love the way you have done the trees.

Kath x

pam said...

Wow love this gift bag Angela, gorgeous decoration and colours.
Pam x

Shoshi said...

This is brilliant, Angela! I simply love the frosty look and the 3-D effect. Several years ago I made up a couple of "bag skirts" (inspired by Penny Duncan) which were along the same lines but went over the top of the bag with a hole for the handles - the skirt held the bag closed. The only limiting factor was that I didn't have any paper larger than 12 x 12 so I think I prefer your idea because you can just go on adding stuff! I love the "deckle edge" at the top which really echoes the snowy effect. This is a really great project.

Have a great week.

Shoshi

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

What a great way to alter a plain brown bag and turn it into a unique gift bag! Love the 3D layering in it!

Der Wollmops said...

This is a wonderful bag, I looove the layering of the trees! And to put on that torn piece for the background was a great idea, I really like it a bit wild ;-) Thanks for sharing!
Tamara / https://herzkoeniginspapertales.com/

Veerle said...

This is such a wonderful and beautiful gift bag. So clever how you decorated it. Thank you so much for entering our challenge. Greetings Veerle DT-ATSC

Crafty Claire said...

This is such a beautiful project the bag is a wonderful gift in itself. xxx

rachel said...

a gorgeous bag - I adore it - and the layering is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at stamps and stencils! Hugs rachel x

Tracy Freeman said...

It's beautiful, the torn edges and distressed look to the trees looks fantastic.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge X

Claudia N. said...

Love the layered tree lines, Angela!

And the colours look beautiful against the brown craft paper from the bag!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful Christmas make with us at Emerald Creek Dares!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Stacy Sheldon said...

I so totally love the colors on this Angela :)

Deb said...

Adore your gift bag Angela, I'd like this as the gift itself! Thanks so much for joining us at Emerald Creek Dares! Deb xo

Jackie PN said...

Oh Angela!! This is just gorgeous! What a brilliant make with that leftover masterboard!!I would love to receive this as a gift-even empty! LOL
I have to ask, I saw a cuttlebug on your desk, is this what you use for all your die cutting? I have one as well and am wondering if I need something else to use different dies? Any help is appreciated! hugs,Jackie

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful bag. Love the colours and design. Judy

Ruth said...

Such a gorgeous gift bag, love your use of the master board and Kraft bags always look good as a base to work on, beautifully embellished Angela. thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10