Monday 3 October 2016

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge # 174 Birthdays.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over
at Crafty Cardmakers.

Pam is hosting our Birthdays challenge, so let's see your ideas for birthdays.
As usual you can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to just be cards, as long as it meets the challenge, and doesn't exceed the 15 total challenges entered rule!

I am here today to show you a birthday card:


made with this Masterboard:


And yes you have seen this Masterboard before as this card is made with a left-over section. I generally make an A3 piece so there is plenty to go at and it means that there is usually left-overs for when you just need something quick.
So here goes!


I used a Tim Holtz Thinlits die to cut out the swirly pattern and then mounted the Masterboard onto sparkly black card which you can just about see on the close-up here.


The butterfly was stamped onto card and Velum and  heat embossed, white glitter on one and black on the other. I mounted the two butterflies on top of each other to give some depth to the card after adding black and white brads to the body section.


On the inside I used some of the swirl pieces removed from the die-cutting. Next I distressed the edge of the card.
Before mounting it all onto the card blank, I attached some thin black ribbon to the corners.
Finally, pearls and Tim Holtz text to complete the design.


I hope you will pop over to see what the rest of the DT have been up to and maybe join in the challenge.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
 Happy crafty card making.
Angela x

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Make My Monday Challenge # 31 No Patterned Paper.
Ellibelle's Creative Moments: Critters and Creatures.
Broken Fairies Challenge#12Anything Goes- Monochromatic.
Simply Create Too Challenge Blog:CH:#119-Black + One other Colour.
Paper Artsy:2016#19 Die Cuts Challenge.
 Always love these challenges by Paper Artsy and the window effect was perfect for this card showing the sparkling layer beneath the die cut Masterboard, perfect technique!

11 comments:

Joan said...

Beautiful card - love the background!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

Redanne said...

I love the butterfly and the dimension you gave it makes it looks so realistic against that gorgeous die cut background. Beautiful Angela! Anne xx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous card Angela, the swirls and the butterfly are a great mix xxx

Juliz Design Post said...

Elegant card and great master board.
Julie x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Jackie PN said...

Gorgeous Angela!! And that masterboard is just sooo pretty!!
xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a lovely card, Angela - so much appreciate the softness of it.

Sian said...

Beautiful! I am in awe of your background.

SewPaperPaint said...

What beautiful stamping! I never tire of this butterfly. Hugs, Autumn

Sally Dodger said...

A stunning card Angela. As always your backgrounds are gorgeous and the addition of the black sparkle embossing powder and paper is a great touch. Sally.x.

Ellibelle said...

An amazing creation, love the embossing!
Thanks so much for sharing!

Ellie
Critters and Creatures Linky Party
Let's Color Linky Party

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10