Monday 5 June 2017

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 190 # For A Special Man/Boy or Father's Day.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over
at Crafty Cardmakers.

Margaret is hosting today and our challenge is 'For A Special Man/Boy or Father's Day'.

As usual you can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to just be cards, as long as it meets the challenge, and doesn't exceed the 15 total challenges entered rule! 

Hope you will join in.
And here is my project for the challenge:
 
Naturally I can't leave you without showing you how I made this so here goes!
 
All my UK friends will remember these old car Tax Discs.
I ripped these apart and arranged them on an A3 white card.
 
 
Next I used a Prima stencil and applied ink with a blending tool.
 
 
At this stage it looks like this.
 
 
I finished this off with text stamping and Colour Bloom Spray Mist.
 
 
Everything is ready now to put the card together.
 
 
The blue mat has the centre cut out which was then used to layer the other sections. This is something I do often as it makes the card lighter and stops wastage of card.
 
So there you have it all finished.
 
 
I hope you will pop over to see what the rest of the DT have been up to and maybe join in the challenge.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with too.
 Happy crafty card making.
Angela x

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
A Gem of A Challenge: 195 For the Boys/ Men (Any Male Image)
Crafty Calendar Challenge: June challenge: "Boys will be Boys"
Pearly Sparkles Challenge Blog: Challenge #17 Masculine
Scrapbook and Card Making:Tinker Dream: 53 Cards for Men and Boys

9 comments:

Shoshi said...

Absolutely love this, Angela! I love how you've muted the tax discs with the stencil, and the gorgeous subtle result. Superb male card, too!

Have a great week,
Shoshi

Jackie PN said...

There's those tax thingies again! They are so cool!!
Great card Angela,love the use of those thingies-LOL
Meant to tell you last post that those flowers are beautiful and those peonies,mmmm my fav!
Will be away for 2 weeks,see you when I return! Happy creating till then!
hugs,Jackie xx

Cara said...

I wish I'd kept all my old tax discs now! This is absolutely stunning x

pam said...

Fantastic background Angela, wonderful card for a male!.
Pam x

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I LOVE this card, Angela, and was most intrigued with the masterboard process. Well done, my artsy friend!

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous card Angela, love how you used the old tax discs and incorporated them into the background xxx

Marsha Reed said...

Fantastic masculine card, Angela! I love those vintage cars and the blue. Thanks for joining us this month at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.

Judy McKay said...

Love the card. Great card for that special man. judy

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Ingenious to use those car discs like this Angela! I thought it was a digital collage - where on earth did you get so many?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10