And here is my fourth design for :
That Craft Place Challenge Blog.
As usual this fortnight's theme is:
Mixed Media Anything Goes!
So can't go wrong there!
- Started with an MDF heart from That Craft Place and covered it with Gesso.
- Next I started adding the texture using Modelling Cream and a stencil from That Craft Place.
(You may remember me using this stencil before on this tag).
- More texture in the form of tissue paper and lace, also from That Craft Place. Lisa has a great collection of lace and ribbons.
- A little extra texture now in the form of Micro Beads by Creative Expressions.
- And it's time to add more Gesso.
- The next job was to spray some colour on as you can see below and dry it.
- And next, yet more texture in the form of crackle paste.
Close-up view of the crackle.
This is so scrummy!
- When the crackle had developed, I added a little more colour, dried it, added gold and red gilding wax and sealed it using Ranger Glue and Seal.
At this stage I needed to consider some form of embellishment and for this I used the waste paper which had been on my desk, when spraying the heart.
I set about cutting out some interesting shapes e.g. flourishes, flowers, leaves etc. which I would use to decorate the heart.
The gold cord and the buttons are some I got from That Craft Place.
Lisa has lots of embellishments of this type.
Here is the finished heart.
Hope you enjoyed looking at this project, it would be great if you could leave me a little comment.
I will always visit you back if I know where you are.
I look forward to seeing your entries for the challenge.
Click here to enter.
Back soon and happy crafting,
I hope to enter this project in the following challenges:
Mixed Media World #6- Gorgeous Textures
Altered Eclectics September Challenge