Thursday 19 December 2013

Tim Holtz Tags

Hi Blogbuddies, I decided to have a go at the tag projects on Tim Holtz's blog.
I loved the one he made but decided to adapt it slightly by altering the colour.
Hope Tim doesn't mind.

Started off by spraying the black card with blue Cosmic Shimmer  Mist.
Next I embossed the card with the Tim Holtz Layering stencil, Bubble and rubbed over this with Treasure Silver gilding wax. I like to put this on with a dry stencil brush.
The mesh is builders scrim and I love this and have used it in lots of projects, it's easy to get from companies such as B&Q.
I used the Tattered Poinsettia for the flower and the Festive Greenery for the leaves.
The stamp was by KaiserCraft and I used Staizon to colour the Modelling film.

 
Before constructing the tag I edged the tag with silver ink using a blending tool.
I finished off the Poinsettia with stickles, slightly different to how Tim finished his but I love the shine it gives, very important with Christmas cards and tags, it's the law lol!
Then mounted it all up and added the ribbon.

 
Hope you like it and best wishes to my followers and visitors, hope you all have a great Christmas.
 
Big Crafty Festive Hugs,
Angela x

4 comments:

Redanne said...

Your tag really has the wow factor Angela, the blue poinsettia is stunning against the black background and I love how you used the scrim for texture. I hope you linked this up with Tim because this needs to be seen! Hugs, Anne x

Darnell said...

Really beautifully done, Angela! The details are scrumptious!! Happy Holidays, Darnell

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous - there's a lot in that tiny tag - love the shimmer and shine!

dnisme@blogspot.com said...

congrats on making your own version of Tim's tag. I loved the material he made his poinsettia from and it looks as though you used the same material. I would love to try it, but it looks tricky. Very pretty tag. TFS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10