Wednesday 21 August 2013

Steampunk Greeting card Ideas

Hi Bloggsters  I need some greetings cards this week and as the Steampunk stamps were still laying around , that seemed like a good place to start.

 
The stamps are by Chocolate Baroque and the embossing folder by Couture Creations, lovely lol!

 
I have made a set of the next card using slightly different colours.
The background paper was by K & Company.


You may well recognise the balloon stamp as I used it on the Steampunk Shadow Box.
These are fab stamps giving great impressions.

 
 The coloured paper I stamped onto was newsprint that I used to protect the table when spraying.
I stamped the design onto it and on card. The stamped card was die cut using a Spellbinders die. I cut out a section of the balloon from the sprayed paper and and attached it to the card.
Not sure you can tell but I mounted this with some 3D Sticky Dots to make the balloon stand out slightly and give it more shape.

 
I finished the cards with Stickles glues, ribbon and gems.
Interestingly you may notice some strips of gold card, these were waste pieces cut from the sheet when making the mats and it seemed a shame not to use them, I think they work well, what do you think?
 
Big Hugs Angela. x
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10